AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project wdp file - multi user environment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mako68
696 Views, 3 Replies

Project wdp file - multi user environment

Hi,

Is there a way to manage wdp file when multiple users are working on the same project? Project is located on the network drive. If user A adds new drawings to the project he will lost the information next morning when opening ACADE as the user B has overwrited the file...

Mako

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: mako68

Doug McAlexander has a great solution to this issue on his website.

http://www.ecadconsultant.com/tips.html#Project_In_Project

I think his "Tips and Tricks" Section should be required review for everyone. There is a lot of good stuff here.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
zalant

I realize this thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd add some information anyway.  The issue you're encountering where other computers don't update when you add/remove drawings from a shared project, is something which Development has identified in Electrical 2012 and 2013, and are currently working to remedy.  This was not a problem in Electrical 2011 or 2010.

Zac Travis
Message 4 of 4
miles.nicholson

This is a known bug in 2013 sp1. Autodesk stated they had fixed it in 2013 sp2 but it still occurs. 2014 resolves this issue.

The project in project on Doug Alexander's web page is not the answer and that thread is purely trying to sell you a solution that you don't necessarily need.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost