AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Properties not updating drawings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
testsubject
667 Views, 1 Reply

Project Properties not updating drawings

Not sure if this is new to 2013 but I am unable to use the project properties to update the drawing properties from the Project Manager.

This is what I attempted:

Made a change to project's properties (Properties/Components/Component TAG Format from Sequential to Line Reference)

Selected a drawing from within project, RMC and then select Properties/Apply Project Defaults.

When I check the drawing, I find that the drawing's properties were not set to the project's deafults.

If I then select Properties/Setting Compare, I am able to update the drawing to match the project.

It was repeatable in all the default projects that came with ACE 2013.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello Bob,  

Thank you very much for reporting this issue, this is a known issue for ACE2013 for now and we are considering the fix.

The workaround as you mentioned for this issue is to use the Settings Compare... for the drawing, and Select All the difference, Match Project for all the difference.

And also you can put the drawings you want to apply the project defaults into a subfolder, then right click the subfolder and choose the Apply Project Defaults, then you can make all the drawings in the subfolder to apply the project defaults.

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost