AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Properties Apply to entities on layer "0" only, is not working.

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
klonbeck
630 Views, 12 Replies

Project Properties Apply to entities on layer "0" only, is not working.

I am having a problem with the define layers dialog in the project properties.

I want to change the layer of the P_TAGSTRIP attribute on the end barriers for my terminals.

The block drawing has been updated with the new layer, and all old the old blokcs have been removed and purged from the destination drawing.

The Apply to entities on layer "0" only option has been checked, and I have applied project defaults to all drawings in the project.

When I insert the end barrier P_TAGSTRIP is still coming in on the TAGS layer.

I have also tested several other block with the same result.

I am running AutoCAD Electrical 2014

Thanks for the help.

Capture.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ccad2509
in reply to: klonbeck

Its a bit odd but when you tick the box acade will move the items on layer "0" to the layers mentioned in the menu

what you have to do is untick the box then on you symbol define the layers you want and move the objects in the symbol to those layers

in my case i designated a seperate layer called OEM on that layer is the catlogue number and manufacture

this is set up so i can run a batch to turn layer OEM on and off easily so i have control over the part numbers this is so the workshop has all the

information infront of them and when i issue the drawings to the client we switch off the oem layer and make the drawings less cluttered

Message 3 of 13
klonbeck
in reply to: ccad2509

I followed the process that you listed and I was able to insert a schematic symbol from the icon menu and it used my layer, but I am still having problems with the panel foot prints.

Are you changing layers on your panel foot prints? or is this check box only ment to work on the schematic symbols?

Message 4 of 13
ccad2509

sorry your not wrong that was for a schematic symbol

since you posted this a few months ago and no answers from the usual suspects then it probably doesnt exist in panel layouts

Message 5 of 13
klonbeck

Actually I posted this yesterday. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
ccad2509

the postings is using american date format  month/day/year so my brain didnt pick up on that !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 13
jalger

Hi Klonbeck, and Colin,

It's doable its just hidden elsewhere. 🙂

Its on Panel > Other tools > Configuration.

Once your there click on the inconsipicous "Setup" button beside layer... Yeah it should probably be moved somewhere thats easier to access.

(Could be a wonderful idea for the ideastation... *pre-emptive* Colin don't bash it just yet...)

See the Screenshot below:

Panel Layers.png

Let me know if the Screenshot is Un-readable and i'll grab a few more.

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 8 of 13
ccad2509
in reply to: jalger

its ok james im about to go into retirement

projects finishing up and yes no more acade till next time

next project im using software that works Eplan

Message 9 of 13
jalger

LOL,

Well I understand the IEC isn't the greatest on ACADE, I wish they would hurry up and fix that for you guys that use it.

I deal with NFPA Primarily, and in seems to have fewer issues (at least with tagging).

In any case if you need help in the future with ACADE just post 🙂

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 10 of 13
jalger

Klonbeck,

Nice Tardis!

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 11 of 13
klonbeck
in reply to: jalger

Thanks!

Is there away to set this for a project? It looks like it is only setting it for the active drawing.

Message 12 of 13
Icemanau

To set this for an existing project, you would need to go through and set it in each dwg.

To do it for a NEW project or for future dwgs, you need to change it in the dwg you use for your template/s.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
klonbeck
in reply to: Icemanau

Thank you all for the help.

I was able to get my panel foot prints into the drawing with my custom layers for the attributes.

While AutoCAD does not currently have a project wide tool for this, I did find that the value of the Panel Component Layers check box is stored in the WD_PNLM block on an attribute called PLAY_FLG. the default value of PLAY_FLG is 0. If you check 'Ignore above for symbol's npn-layer "0" entities', the value of PLAY_FLG changes to 2.

I already knew that the source drawing WD_PNLM was located in the JIC125 folder, so I went to the WD_PNLM drawing and changed the value of PLAY_FLG to 2.

Back in my panel drawing I set my ATTMODE to 2 so I can see WD_PNLM. Then I can do a block swap across the entire project. After the block swap I set the ATTMODE back to 1. I also updated the value on our border template drawing so future projects will work the way we want them to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost