AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Plotting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
353 Views, 3 Replies

Project Plotting

Good Day All, Long time "lurker" of the news groups from Cleveland Motion Controls, Inc (Hey, Nate)..... been a bit of time from the groups though, but new software updates, well bring me back..... YEA! Anywhos..... Windows 2000, AutoCad 2004 Electrical Recently updated from AutoCAD R14/Cimlogic to AutoCAD 2004 Electrical... for the most part the trasnistion is going as well as could be expected. (PRINTED Documentation lacking, nowhere near as good as the "pre-2k" versions and yes I have ordered my free User Guide from the website, at least that helps with generic AutoCAD) But since this is my first experiance with the plotting isssues (and boy how confusing could Adesk do this). But anywhos.... struggling through it, and gaining experiance. Okay onto the actual problem... (sorry for my wordy-ness and editorials) Tying to use the Plot command within the project dialoge. I have created a PC3 file from the plotter manager, trying both, selecting the print device (in this case Aficio401) and/or importing a PC2 file. Easily enough to create, so all seems good. Plotting just from Vanilla Cad using the the plot command and pc3 file, the (dsize drawing 34 x 22) plots correctly onto 17 x 11. All good here. Now when I attempt to use the "plot" option of AutoCAD 2004 Electrical - Project, it plots only onto an 8 1/2 x 11 paper. No matter the combinations and goofyness I attempt, does not work use the plot batch of Electrical. I have attempted to search the newsgroups and AutoDesk web site knowledge base, I can't seem to come up with a solution. *sigh* Thanks in advance for any help, as always is greatly appriciated!! Kirk Cleveland Motion Controls, Inc.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
macdog28273
in reply to: Anonymous

set your default under printer settings to 11 x 17. then under autocad printer set up set it to the desired settings.save it as model or layout under page setup name. Make sure you select extents under plot area.The return to your project and select plot. After u have selected your dwg go to pick from list and select model tab.Then go to detailed plot config tab under the batch plotting option and order.Then select detailed plot config mode select your options here and make sure u turn it on. exit and print. If u have multiple dwg. to plot and you don't have the time to set them up on model under the page setup use the batch dwg converter to change multiple files at once. it may seem crazy but it does work.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Once you have a drawing plotting correctly from 'vanilla' AutoCAD, save the "Page setup" (top right of the Layout Settings tab on the Page Setup or Plot dialog). Then go through each drawing and use the "Add" button on the Page Setup dialog to bring in that page setup from the initial drawing. Then you simply specify the layout tab to plot, pick "Use layout tab's default" (under Output Device name) and pick the Page setup you just created, when you use the AcadE plot function. (Detailed Plot Config mode must be off.) The real trick here is to do this for your templates and then it's always handled. "Kirk Paul" wrote in message news:4100180c_3@newsprd01... > Good Day All, > Long time "lurker" of the news groups from Cleveland Motion Controls, Inc > (Hey, Nate)..... been a bit of time from the groups though, but new software > updates, well bring me back..... YEA! > > Anywhos..... Windows 2000, AutoCad 2004 Electrical > > Recently updated from AutoCAD R14/Cimlogic to AutoCAD 2004 Electrical... for > the most part the trasnistion is going as well as could be expected. > (PRINTED Documentation lacking, nowhere near as good as the "pre-2k" > versions and yes I have ordered my free User Guide from the website, at > least that helps with generic AutoCAD) > > But since this is my first experiance with the plotting isssues (and boy how > confusing could Adesk do this). But anywhos.... struggling through it, and > gaining experiance. > > Okay onto the actual problem... (sorry for my wordy-ness and editorials) > > Tying to use the Plot command within the project dialoge. I have created a > PC3 file from the plotter manager, trying both, selecting the print device > (in this case Aficio401) and/or importing a PC2 file. Easily enough to > create, so all seems good. > > Plotting just from Vanilla Cad using the the plot command and pc3 file, the > (dsize drawing 34 x 22) plots correctly onto 17 x 11. All good here. > > Now when I attempt to use the "plot" option of AutoCAD 2004 Electrical - > Project, it plots only onto an 8 1/2 x 11 paper. No matter the combinations > and goofyness I attempt, does not work use the plot batch of Electrical. > > I have attempted to search the newsgroups and AutoDesk web site knowledge > base, I can't seem to come up with a solution. *sigh* > > Thanks in advance for any help, as always is greatly appriciated!! > > Kirk > Cleveland Motion Controls, Inc. > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks John & Macdog for taking time to offer some solutions..... I will give it a go, I had to re-install this morning, which oddly corrected it for one brief moment, then as I kept "playing" setting up templates and such it seemed to revert back to the intial problem. Right at the moment, it works randomly.... especially when switching pc3's to differnt printers around the building. Our Engineering staff is placed all over the buidling for the moment (re-layout of cubes) so we have the ability to print to @ 6 different printers. Again thanks ... Time for more learning experience....... "John Pullen" wrote in message news:410141eb$1_1@newsprd01... > Once you have a drawing plotting correctly from 'vanilla' AutoCAD, save the > "Page setup" (top right of the Layout Settings tab on the Page Setup or Plot > dialog). Then go through each drawing and use the "Add" button on the Page > Setup dialog to bring in that page setup from the initial drawing. > > Then you simply specify the layout tab to plot, pick "Use layout tab's > default" (under Output Device name) and pick the Page setup you just > created, when you use the AcadE plot function. (Detailed Plot Config mode > must be off.) > > The real trick here is to do this for your templates and then it's always > handled. > > > "Kirk Paul" wrote in message > news:4100180c_3@newsprd01... > > Good Day All, > > Long time "lurker" of the news groups from Cleveland Motion Controls, Inc > > (Hey, Nate)..... been a bit of time from the groups though, but new > software > > updates, well bring me back..... YEA! > > > > Anywhos..... Windows 2000, AutoCad 2004 Electrical > > > > Recently updated from AutoCAD R14/Cimlogic to AutoCAD 2004 Electrical... > for > > the most part the trasnistion is going as well as could be expected. > > (PRINTED Documentation lacking, nowhere near as good as the "pre-2k" > > versions and yes I have ordered my free User Guide from the website, at > > least that helps with generic AutoCAD) > > > > But since this is my first experiance with the plotting isssues (and boy > how > > confusing could Adesk do this). But anywhos.... struggling through it, and > > gaining experiance. > > > > Okay onto the actual problem... (sorry for my wordy-ness and editorials) > > > > Tying to use the Plot command within the project dialoge. I have created a > > PC3 file from the plotter manager, trying both, selecting the print device > > (in this case Aficio401) and/or importing a PC2 file. Easily enough to > > create, so all seems good. > > > > Plotting just from Vanilla Cad using the the plot command and pc3 file, > the > > (dsize drawing 34 x 22) plots correctly onto 17 x 11. All good here. > > > > Now when I attempt to use the "plot" option of AutoCAD 2004 Electrical - > > Project, it plots only onto an 8 1/2 x 11 paper. No matter the > combinations > > and goofyness I attempt, does not work use the plot batch of Electrical. > > > > I have attempted to search the newsgroups and AutoDesk web site knowledge > > base, I can't seem to come up with a solution. *sigh* > > > > Thanks in advance for any help, as always is greatly appriciated!! > > > > Kirk > > Cleveland Motion Controls, Inc. > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost