AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project/Drawing Wide Terminal Renumbering for Schematic

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bhaaland
355 Views, 1 Reply

Project/Drawing Wide Terminal Renumbering for Schematic

I have a problem with renumbering Terminals in schematic drawing.

If I use the command "Terminal Renumbering (Project Wide)" it gives each terminal a different number even if they had the same number before.

For example if you have a terminal that can connect 4 wires and make the drawing good enough to read you want to use more than one symbol to connect those 4 wires to the terminal and if you got 10 terminal blocks that you latch together you may want to give them all the same number to ease production.

Is there a way to renumber all terminals in a terminal strip while keeping all those with equal numbering having the equal number after renumbering ?

Regards

Birger

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: bhaaland

AutoCAD Electrical Interprets Terminal Symbols literally, so it can provide correct information for the Terminal Strip Editor. AETERMRENUM will number a strip project-wide in order of the appearance each terminal from this strip. AETERMRENUMPICK will assign numbers incrementally, each time you click a terminal symbol in a strip. These commands do not appear in the ribbon. They are left over from a previous pull down menu. I created icons and added them to my ribbon using CUI. I placed my icons in the Edit Components panel of the schematic tab. I also added them to the hot wire shortcut menu for schematic terminals.

Now, how to handle your strip.  You can edit block properties and assign a maximum number of wire connections for this block. By default the software allows 2 wires per connection, and that is a good choice to comply with IEC standards.  If that is good for you, no editing of block properties is necessary.  Insert a terminal. Connect wires. Instead of inserting another terminal symbol to represent this terminal on another drawing, branch off using dots or angled tees. When you exceed the maximum allowed wires per connection, the Terminal Strip Editor will add spares as necessary. If you don't want the spares, look for a terminal in the strip that has an open position.  The Terminal Strip Editor makes this easy to spot.  Cancel out of TSE and use the Edit Wire Sequence utility to route the wire to an open position on a different terminal in the strip.  Note: This is only necessary of using node dots.  If you use angled tees to make the connection, the Edit Wire Sequence step isn't necessary.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost