AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project BOM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eturner
198 Views, 3 Replies

Project BOM

I am a newbie to the ACADE so I apologize if I am overseeing the obvious.

Is there a way to generate a BOM for the whole project? For example I have ladder diagrams and panel layout drawings. I can generate a BOM for the ladder part and a BOM for the panel part. The problem is that many of the parts are duplicated in the 2 reports and can become very cumbersome coming up with an accurate parts list to give to purchasing. I would like to generate 1 BOM of the whole project (ladders and panels).

Thanks,

Ed
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: eturner

What sheets or files are you selecting when you are running the BOM report? If you only want to run the report based on the schematic sheets, only select them. And likewise for the Panel layout sheets.
Are you assigning location codes to your devices? That is helpful if you want to run the report by Location.

Hope that helps...
Jim
Message 3 of 4
testsubject

The way you do it is to generate a BOM for the panel, check BOM report for Project and then check Full:include schem components not referenced on panel layout. For Display, I check Display in tallied Purchase list format. Now just select all teh drawings in your project. Any that do not have symbols will be ignored and all duplicates will be gone.

I hope this helps,

Bob Hanrahan
WD user since 1997
Message was edited by: testsubject

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 4
eturner

Thanks for the replies.

Jim - Yes I am using location codes for devices, makes things so much easier when doing my panel drawings and generating a wire report.

Bob - The checking "full" box is what I was missing, Thanks

I am really liking the software so far, just a real learning curve from traditional CAD. I am looking forward to learning more about the software and use its full capabilities.

Thanks again,

Ed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost