AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with templates

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sniktun
351 Views, 2 Replies

Problems with templates

Ok so basically what i need is two AC live lines across the top and two Ground lines accross the bottom of my page to insert pre-made circuits into. They however still need to be fully interactive in my drawing so i can edit them how i want.

Currently i have the lines in fine but if i go to build them as a template it ends up saving the entire page as a block meaning that for smaller jobs when i only need one AC and ground line i cannot delete the other two. when i click on the cables it just highlights the entire template and wont let me individually select the 4 wires.

I need to use this as a template as pretty much every single job i do i will be using this layout, the only way i currently do it is i have it saved as a drawing. I then run a different template and add the drawing in and then just change the SAVEAS location but this is a rubbish way of doing it.

thanks guys

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vladop
in reply to: sniktun

I'm not sure that I understood your problem well, but you can make dwg file, rename it to dwt and use as template file.

Regards,

Vladimir

Message 3 of 3
sniktun
in reply to: vladop

Awesome that worked. I think befoe i created the whole page as a block following the tutorials. that was such a simple solution aswel i really overcomplicate things.

cheers mate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost