AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems With Duplicate Component Tag References

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Skwiggle
888 Views, 2 Replies

Problems With Duplicate Component Tag References

Hi, I am new to AutoCad Electrical and have been tasked with updating some existing circuits. All went quite smoothly until I tried to do a project wide update on the cross referencing. All of the cross reference tables now have additional contacts that do not exist (see attachment). I try surfing to them but they can not be found. I went into the Component Editor and searched on the component tags used in the project. It showed that all tags were duplicated (see attachment). One instance was the correct one with associated sheet number, the other I have no idea why it has appeared or where it has come from. I think this is the source of my cross reference problem but I have tried for hours to sort it with no success. All advice would be greatly appreciated, how do I get rid of the duplicates and why have they appeared?. Thank you in advance Damian
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: Skwiggle

Have you tried to rebuild the project database?

Run the AEREBUILDDB command, and see if that changes anything.

If you've still got the error, it would be nice to have a look at the actual drawings.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Skwiggle

OK, first of all, check your XREF display settings as well as the settings for the referencing system itself.

You may have inadverdently set it to display unused child contacts or the referencing may be out of whack.

Second - As rhesusminus said, do a full rebuild of the of the project database.

Run the cross reference command on one of the problem components to check if that fixed the problem.

If that failed to fix the problem, save everything and exit out of ACADE. do a search for the <PROJECT NAME>.mdb file and delete it.

When you restart ACADE, the project database will be rebuilt from the dwgs.

If that fails, use the SURF command on the problem components and go to each of the contacts.

Delete/Rename or leave as is depending on what the Surf command brings ups.

Let us know if all that fails.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost