AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ACE installation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
alessandro.perla
572 Views, 4 Replies

Problems with ACE installation

Hi forumer and thanks all of you in advice, I've got many problems with the installation. I'm trying to install it on a WIndows 7 professional 32bit, so I downloaded the 2013 version for Windows (x86) I downloaded it using "browser download" (I had problems also with the downloader application) then I launched installation using Administrator privileges, during the process a pop-up told that the program was trying to get a file from an unaccessible folder (but I could open that folder and see the file inside it), clicking on retry in the pop-up the installation went over and it terminates normally. When I try to launch AutoCAD Electrical it don't starts, no process appears on the windows processes manager. Thinking that there could be some installations issues, I've uninstalled it using windows application manager and here it comes the bigger issue: uninstallation went right, there aren't any folders regarding ACE but when I launch again the installation file obtained with "browser download" it shows that ACE is allready installed (AutoCAD Electrical is checked) and it don't allow you to click on the install button, so I'm completely blocked on this passage. How can I do? Could it be a problem with the browser downloaded file that admit only one installation and for reinstall I'll have to download it again? Or the problem is that it "see" that ACE is correctly installed on my computer, even if it's not executable? I tryed all in my knowledge but I can't solve anything. Best regards and sorry if my English is a little bit confused

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
algerj
in reply to: alessandro.perla

Hi Alessandro,

By the sounds of it, the registry still sees AutoCAD Electrical as installed. 

You can manually remove the registry entry, but you have to be careful; only remove the entry for ACADE 2013.

If you have Installed other Versions of AutoCAD on the same it might make this harder...

I suggest having your IT department do this for you:

1. Type in Regedit
  2. Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\ R19.0\

Note: R19.0 is 2013

3. Remove the entire "R19.0" Folder  (right click and select delete)

4. Next navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\

5. Remove any "AutoCAD Electrical" Folder that is here (including the Language pack) (right click and select delete)

6. Restart the computer

7. Check "Programs and Features"  in the control panel to verify that it is no longer present.  

Now Re-install AutoCAD Electrical

1. Make sure you Are logged in as the Local Admin (don't use a Domain admin if it can be helped)
  2. Turn off anti-virus (speeds up the installs)
  3. Start the install, select your install options, like libraries, express tools, etc.
  4. After the installation Start the Program once as Admin
  5. Turn  anti -virus back on
  6. Restart the machine
  7. Log in as the user
  8. Start AutoCAD Electrical  (it will build a new user profile be patient.) 

I hope this helps,

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 3 of 5
alessandro.perla
in reply to: algerj

Hi and thank you. unfortunately I had allready tryed to remove the entries from the register but nothing changed

Message 4 of 5
JBerns
in reply to: alessandro.perla

When I have had corrupted installs and Uninstall attempts fail, I have had success using Microsoft Fixit to correct the Windows Registry.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651

Use with caution and consider creating a registry and data backup before use.

Good luck.

Regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
Message 5 of 5
alessandro.perla
in reply to: JBerns

Now it's perfectly working! thank you and thanks to all forumers that helps me! There were installation problems beacuse the Config.msi folder is locked from the access even if you are using an Administrator user (it's a Vista/Win7 default setting I think). Keeping open that folder while installation process was on solved the problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost