AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem adjusting row height in BOM and Table of Contents

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
958 Views, 6 Replies

Problem adjusting row height in BOM and Table of Contents

I am haivng a problem formatting the row height in tables. When I set the text height the spacing defaults to a number that is much to large. The row height is displaying as approximately 8 times higher than the actual text. This results in the table not fitting on the layout. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

If I understood you issue correctly, there are some space (like you pushed Enter button) under and below text. So you could delete its manually.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I don't see how to do that. I am inserting the table from the report generator. I would have to spend a lot of time manually deleting space and resizing the table if that is the only way.

Message 4 of 7
OP21

You may want to generate a BOM on a dwg first even if it doesn't conform to what you would like to see.  Within that dwg go to your pull down menu -> FORMAT-> Table Style...

This will open a dialog box and look for ACE_TABLE_1 ,select it and click modify. This opens another dialog box where you can format your table.

Once you have it looking the way you want, save it as current.

Tip:  you can use Design Center to insert this table style into your standard dwg template for easier reference or modification later on..

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: OP21

Ok thanks for that, but it still didn't change anything. I attached a screenshot to possibly help out. I changed the margines to 1/8" and then set it to current like you suggested and nothing changed. I re-ran the generator and nothing changed. Am I still doing something wrong?

Message 6 of 7
OP21

Hmm... Maybe look at a few possible issues.

• As a test...if you generate a BOM report do you have the same results?
  • Try to run the report in a purged dwg to eliminate a table style conflict...
  • Generate your dwg report -> Put on Drawing -> in Text area units, try Spacing at 2.5 times the Text Height.
  • Watch the upper left area (Table) are you updating existing?  Maybe delete, purge and re-run the table as Insert New...

Any changes?

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: OP21

It worked! I purged everything in the drawing and then it allowed me to change the text spacing in the text areas! Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost