AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Issue

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
hetzelm
676 Views, 7 Replies

Printing Issue

I am running ACADE 2013 on a W7 32bit computer.

I can batch plot to a pdf but can not print or batch plot to a printer.

If I try to print individual sheets (CtrlP) one I hit print ACADE stops responding and I have to use Task Manager to shut it down.

If i try to batch plot it "starts" ploting in the tool bar by quickly stop and I get a caution symbol but no error message.

Can anyone help me with this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: hetzelm

plotting to what?
Using what driver? Do you also use a PC3 file?

Is your pagesetup set correctly (PLOT or PUBLISH) for the one device?

Message 3 of 8
hetzelm

I am trying to print on my HP5200 printer. I have tried using the PCL6 and PCL5e drivers.

Neither seem to work.

It looks like my pagesetup is correct.

I am not sure what a PC3 file is.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Did you install HP's Universal Driver for the HP5200, or are they from the disk that came with the printer?

Message 5 of 8
hetzelm
in reply to: pendean

Its a network printer. I installed it with the add printer function. I did not use a disk.

Message 6 of 8
p_enneking

I have a user running AcadE 2012 on a windows 7, 64 bit machine.  He is trying to print monochrome ladder logic prints on our HP 5200.  No matter what we change, it prints grayscale every time.  He mentioned that he only ever noticed it as a problem in AcadE 2012 (doesn't remember the problem being there in AcadE 2011.)

Thoughts?

Message 7 of 8
testsubject
in reply to: p_enneking

Under Page Setup for plotting, there is a section called Plot style table (pen assignments). This should be set to monochrome.ctb for monochrome printing.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 8 of 8
hetzelm

I now have 3 W7 computers that have this same issue. Two 32-bit and one 64-bit machne.

HP5200dtn networked printer

I cannot print or print preview anything out of ACADE 2013 it crashes and I have to use Task Manager to close it out.

Batch Plot to a printer does not work either.

I have to batch plot to a pdf then print the pdf so I know the print drivers are correct. I can print using any other program on my PC except ACADE.

Can anyone help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost