AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer nightmare

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
breierg
450 Views, 1 Reply

Printer nightmare

We are using AutoCAD electrical 2010 sp2 and plot projects in a batch, all drawings are set up in page set up manager to plot to a specified device. That device in now being replaced what do I need to do to plot batch to the new device? Can I globaly change the page setup manager to plot to the new device?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: breierg

You're working way too hard.  AutoCAD Electrical has a built-in project plot feature.  First use the standard AutoCAD menu and select Print>Manage Plotters (see attached screen capture).  Double-click the "Add-A-Plotter Wizard" to select your connected printer/plotter and set preferences such as color or monochrome, which tray, portrait or landscape, etc.  Save as a .PC3 file.  Next, right-click on your project name in the Project Manager and select Publish>Plot Project.  From the Select the drawings you wish to plot and click the down-arrow to move them to the bottom pane then click OK.  At the next dialog select the radio button labeled "Use plot configuration (.pc3)" (see attached screen capture).  Click Browse button and select the .PC3 file you saved earlier.  Finally, click OK to start the plot process.  Note: Depending upon your plotter you may need to select OK-Reverse so your pages plot in the proper order.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost