AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printed Line Weight

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mturn50
294 Views, 2 Replies

Printed Line Weight

I am trying to find out how to make a drawing come out darker when printed. I am using Autocad LT 2010.

I am thinking it may require changing line weight but there are so many layers and don't know if you can change all layers line weight in one command. If that is the solution to my problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: mturn50

Changing the lineweights is definitely the way to go.

You can change the lineweights of several layers by selecting them in Layer Manager and then changing the lineweight there.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 3
algerj
in reply to: mturn50

Hi Mturn,

In addition to Bob's post, you could change the Printer settings.

Sometime you need to change the Quality of the print more DPI will make the printed colours darker/ more pronounced.

Also in some printers you can force it to print a darker image.

You may want to change the Print style (Print Script) that you are using.

If you are looking for a true black and white print change the Print Style to "Monochrome.ctb"

If you want True Colours Print With "acad.ctb)

You could create your own Print style to make certain colours print thicker then the normal lightweight.

Essential a lineweight override for printing only.

You can Access the Print Styles in the Plot Dialog Box. 

If you click on the little round button in the bottom right that has an arrow on it it will expand the dialog box.

On the Expanded side on the top right you will see a local to select a script file. See the Screenshot Below.

Plot_With Styles.png

(In this sceenshot if you clicked on the arrow button it would actually Compress the dialog box, not expand it)

I hope this Helps,

James Alger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost