AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Corruption

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
dbrblg
509 Views, 10 Replies

Possible Corruption

Whenever I start ACADE 2010, it never remembers the projects.  The project manager is always blank.  If I right click, I can't choose recent and then my only choice is to open the project again.  The project manager doesn't even remember the demo projects (which I haven't closed); every time I shut it down it forgets.

It is fully upto date with the latest service pack / updates.  I have tried both reinstalling and repairing but nothing has helped.

Anyone else seen this behaviour?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: dbrblg

Hi dbrblg,

I don't see this behavior in my Autocad Electrical 2010 with latest service pack. As far as I know the project information is stored in LastProj.fil file which located at C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autocad electrical 2010\R18.0\enu\support\User folder (this is Win7 or Vista OS path), when autocad electrical 2010 launches, it will reads this file and parse the project information and shown in project manager. Do you have this file in your disk ?

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 11
dbrblg
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I have a lastproj.fil file located C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2010\R18.0\enu\Support\User (WinXP)

and there is at least 9 lines of data in it.

It doesn't look as if ACADE is reading or writing data to this file though.  Which ever project I open after strting ACADE is not listed in the file.

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi dbrblg,

I suppose your lastproj.fil file has been corrupted or is somehow read only. Try to copy this from some other computer if possible. 

Another solution to try is rename the lastproj.fil to something else, then launch ACADE session, open a project then close the session, ACADE will rebuilt the lastproj.fil file and see if this works.

From your descriptions you said you have tried reinstall, so in order to be more clear, i want to know do you try to click reinstall button as the attached image shows, right ? I suggest to uninstall ACADE firstly from control panel, then delete the related folders in hard disk, then reinstall ACADE from scratch if the above solutions don't work.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Autodesk, Inc.
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 5 of 11
dbrblg

I thought about corruption but copying from another computer hasn't made any difference.

If I delete the file, it does not create another when ACADE is started and a project is opened.

I did try repair and reinstall as per the screen shot you provided.  

I am beginning to wonder whether it is to do with the 'Electrical Addin' that creates the project manager pane in Autocad because clicking on Recent in the project manager doesn't do anything either????  Which files are responsible for creating that pane?

Regards

Message 6 of 11
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi dbrblg,

I don't know which files are responsible for creating Project Manager pane, and I suppose there is problem in your ACADE installation process because you said "If I delete the file, it does not create another when ACADE is started and a project is opened."  It is odd as it works in my side including Recent function.

Suggest to uninstall it from control panel, delete ACADE related files and folder in the hard disk, then reinstall it from scratch.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Autodesk, Inc.
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 7 of 11
dbrblg

The latest on this one is after completely re-installing ACADE (which solved the problem) it has now happened again Smiley Mad

At the time, I was playing with acaddoc.lsp trying to get some custom code to work, and the project manager again went blank.  Interestingly if I remove or rename acaddoc.lsp and restart ACADE, the project manager is populated which leads me to believe that it is being corrupted by acaddoc.lsp.

Anyone familiar with lisp will instantly tell that I am not a lisp programmer, however if someone can tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it Smiley Happy

Here is the code:

(defun ZoomExtents nil
    (if (tblsearch "BLOCK" "WD_M")
        (vla-zoomextents (vlax-get-acad-object))
    )
	(command "qsave")
    (princ)
)

(defun ResetActiveLayer nil
    (if (/= (getvar "CLAYER") "0")
        (command "LAYER" "S" "0")
    )
    (princ)
)

(vl-load-com)
(ZoomExtents)
(ResetActiveLayer)

Regards

Message 8 of 11
PatMurnen_Adsk

Most likely the acaddoc.lsp is failing and interrupting the loading of AutoCAD Electrical. Your code will have a problem anytime the active drawing is unsaved/unnamed I think because of the qsave. Maybe adding some if statement in there to see if it is unnamed before calling that might help. Or for testing just take that line out and see if things work then.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 11
dbrblg
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Hi Pat, 

Thanks for your reply.

How do I go about testing to see whether the document has been saved?  Is there a property that I can test or is there an easier way?

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
PatMurnen_Adsk

Before you do that did you try just removing that line or commenting it out to see if that is actually the issue?

But to check if a drawing is named or unnamed you can use something like  -

(if (= (getvar "DWGTITLED") 1)  ; drawing is named
    (command "qsave") 

)

The other thing you might do rather than putting the code right in the acaddoc.lsp is to create a separate lsp file and make sure it runs fine manually using APPLOAD to load it or typing (load "filename") at the command line. If it doesn't run fine this way it won't run fine on startup. Then in the acaddoc.lsp you can just put a line to load this separate .lsp file. This is recommended in the Help topic for acaddoc.lsp. You can use the Help Index to find this topic.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 11
dbrblg
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to comment out as the problem mysteriously disappeared with a combination of removing the acaddoc.lsp and a reboot etc...

Thanks for the lisp code.  Before adding this I will wait and see whether I can replicate the problem first so then I can definately prove either way what the problem is and whether this fix solves it.  

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost