AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pneumatic icon menu path

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
lmeng
1356 Views, 5 Replies

Pneumatic icon menu path

Does anyone know how to change where ACADE2011 is looking for the dat file for the pneumatic icon menu?  I would to have it point to our network location but I can't find where to change the setting anywhere.  The project properties only lists the options to change the schematic and panel icon menus.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MaxTec
in reply to: lmeng

Hi

Take a look.

Message 3 of 6
lmeng

I probably should have been more clear.  I know where the dat file is on our network drive and I can edit that one, but when I actually go to bring up the menu, ACADE always brings up the one on my hard drive.  I would like to change where ACADE looks for the pneumatic icon menu for the project.  There doesn't seem to be a setting for it in the wdp file unlike the schematic and panel icon menus.

Message 4 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

AutoCAD Electrical looks for this menu file in a certain order. So if it finds the file in a folder in the search sequence it stops looking. So if you rename or delete the file where it is, it should automatically find it in the network folder as long as the network folder is one of the paths it normally searches. If not one one of the AcadE search paths then add it to the AutoCAD Options support search paths.

Here is the search order I believe it uses for this menu file.

1. User subdirectory

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\User\

Windows Vista, Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\User\

2. Active project's .wdp file subdirectory
  3. AutoCAD Electrical support

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\AeData\

Windows Vista, Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\AeData\

4. AutoCAD Electrical support

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\

Windows Vista, Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\

5. AutoCAD Electrical support (C:\Program Files [(x86)]\Autodesk\Acade {version}\Support\)
  6. AutoCAD Electrical support (C:\Program Files [(x86)]\Autodesk\Acade {version}\)
  7. All paths defined under AutoCAD Options Files Support Files Search Path

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
etyahoo

Hi,

I am here to clarify lmeng's question. 

We have the electrical, panel layout, and pneumatic into one project file.  We are trying to use the "Insert Pneumatic Icon" (AEPNEUMATIC) command on the drawing. 

The problem is that this command only brings up the ACE_PNEU_MENU.DAT file in our local drive (C:\users\user name\appdata\...\*.DAT) and not the one we created in the network drive (\\server\serverpath\*.DAT). 

The WDP file only modifies the schematic and panel icon menu .DAT file location, but not the location for pneumatic icon menu. 

So the question is how to have the AEPNEUMATIC command bring up a different *.DAT file other than the one located in the local user support folder. 

Message 6 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

Yes, you are right that the project .wdp file does not set the name/path to the pneumatic menu as it does for the schematic and panel menus. This is why you need to make sure that when AcadE searches for this menu in the path order that I showed in my previous post, that it does not find it in any folder before it gets to the one on the network. And you need to make sure that this network path is in one of the paths AcadE searches.

So try this -

1) remove or rename the pneumatic .dat file in the local user support folder.

2) add the server path to the AutoCAD search paths using the OPTIONS command > Files tab > Support File Search Path.

If it still doesn't find it in your server location, launch the menu and look at the command line and see where it is finding it. Then remove or rename the .DAT file it in that location and try again.

Hope this helps,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost