AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug-ins

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
aherr
1144 Views, 4 Replies

Plug-ins

I just downloaded Bluebeam PDF and I am using electrical 2014.  After a lengthy discussion with Bluebeam, I now have 12 instances of the bluebeam menu on my ouput ribbon.  Any idea how to delete the extra?  I have attached a screen shot

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OP21
in reply to: aherr

Couple of things you could try.

After the installl of BB, and a PC reboot.... and before starting AE2014...

Check the START/ All Programs / Bluebeam Software/ Bluebeam Administrator -> Plugins Tab to see if the AutoCAD Electrical 2014 checkbox is checked.

Start AE2014 and check if your multiple BB tabs are still there...

If not, you may have to go check your menu settings via the (CUI editor) and this is where things get a little tricky, so make a backup of your user profiles and any .cui files before making any changes...

Type cui at the command line:

Select your (current) workspace in the left panel, you'll have to do some searching where the multiple BB instances occur in your Output Tabs and/or Panels and make the corrections.   

Be careful when modifying the customization files...  I personally have been hit and miss when modifying the workspace menus... The old days of modifying the .mnu/mnr files where much more straight forward.....

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I hope this points you in the right direction...

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 3 of 5
algerj

Hi Aherr,

Here are the basic steps:

Make a back up before you start!

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 20xx\Rxx.x\enu\Support

(the default for AutoCAD Electrical is ACADE.cuix)

1. Get into the CUI (Manage >Customization>User Interface) [or just type in cui at the command line]

2. Expand the Ribbon section, find "Tabs" and expand it

3. Locate the Output tab, expand it

4. Remove extra instances of the Blue Beam Panel

Select them and delete them... DO NOT DELETE the original panel stored under panels, only the ones in the output  tab.

5. Hit "apply" to Save the the changes (then ok to exit)

6. Test to make sure the extra Instances have disappeared

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 4 of 5
aherr
in reply to: OP21

Thank you for your reply! I ended up deleting all of electrical's files so
that when I opened it back up, it was tricked into thinking it was the first
time. Then I went to the Bluebeam administer settings, turned it on and
then all was well. This was all thanks to Adam at Pacificad. Don't know if
it is inappropriate to mention that but he is awesome
Message 5 of 5
algerj

LOL,

Nope its good to give people kudos.

In general most people avoid the shameless plugs for advertisement.

But when some one does a good job you should promote them. (just don't put up prices... Smiley Happy )

Regards,

James Alger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost