AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting help

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ukshla
351 Views, 5 Replies

Plotting help

I need assistance in plotting my wiring diagrams so that the drawing fills the whole A4 sheet. At present it comes out like the attached where there is a lot of wasted space around the edge. I have tried lots of different plotting techniques but haven't been able to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance, Lawrence

Lawrence Sheppard
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Tee.Dee
in reply to: ukshla

Can you attach a drawing that you are having trouble with. I will take a look.

Message 3 of 6
Tee.Dee

Can you attach the .dwg you are having trouble with.  I will take a look

Message 4 of 6
Icemanau

This is a fairly easy one.

First of all, make sure that there is nothing outside of your title block.

Next bring up the print dialog by printing on the print button.

Select your printer, plot style and plot options.

Now to get the printout to fill the page...

First off, click the Properties button next to where you selected the printer.

Now under User Defined Paper Sizes & Calibration, select the A4 sheet then click Modify (see the Page Settings attachment).

This brings up a dialog to set the print area of the paper you are ttrying to print on. 5mm is a good value to use here in each margin. It allows some room for paper handling along the edges and doesn't take to much from the printable area. However this will also depend on your printer.

Click Next once you have set your margins then either print a test page and Finish or just Finish.

Click Ok to exit the Properties & this should bring up a dialog asking if the changes are for the current plot only or if it is to be saved to a printer profile.

Select the 'Save changes to the following file' and then click OK. this will save those changes as the default for the printer.

Now select what you want to print. I use extents to get the edges of the title block.

Next, you make sure that the Plot Offset checkbox is selected to centre the plot in the page.

Also select the check box for Plot Scale to fit the page.

See the Printer Settings attachment for these three.

Do a test plot to see how it comes out. Hopefully the dwg will be printed nearly filling the page.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 5 of 6
ukshla
in reply to: Icemanau

Thank you for your help

Lawrence Sheppard
Message 6 of 6
ukshla
in reply to: Tee.Dee

Drawing attached.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Lawrence Sheppard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost