AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Project in 2014

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
JMARSHALL1249
365 Views, 10 Replies

Plot Project in 2014

I have just upgraded to AE2014 from 2013.  I am trying to plot off all drawings in a project generated in 2013. AE2014 seems to regularly hang up before finishing the plotting. It doesn't say its not responding, and I have to 'Control/Alt/Delete' to close AE2014.  Is this a known bug? I think its time to go back to AE2013 already.  I have attached a Jing screen capture of the problem I am experiencing.

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Message 3 of 11
testsubject
in reply to: JMARSHALL1249

Everytime this happens to me I have to first run Recover on the suspect drawing. It fixes 2 errors and then I replot and everything works fine. It is never the same drawing either.

Not sure if this helps...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Jmarshall1249,

Can you repost the Screenshot, or the log file?

It might help us see what the issue is.

I can print a 2013 project in 2014 with no issue.

So it could be a printer issue, or missing setting.

Regards,

James Alger

Message 5 of 11
JMARSHALL1249
in reply to: Anonymous

I have made a Jing Screen capture of the Plot Project Process, but struggling to attach it here.  Ive tried but it doesn't attach ???

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

I have never heard of Jing before.  Try using printkey(free online) or paste it in paint and post the image file.  I have been having many issues with the plotting in ACADE 2014 so I am curious to look into this issue as well.

Message 7 of 11
JMARSHALL1249

Can I email it to you.  Jing opens using internet explorer.  Its a video capture toolkit, of the PC. My email address is john.marshall@olympus-automation.co.uk

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

sure, but it would be good to post it for everyone to see.  Maybe you can youtube it or post to some ftp site and place a link in here.  But if you want to email it to me in the mean time that is a fine solution.  afutterer@gmail.com

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I would just use CTRL + PRINTSCREEN (PRT SC) then paste the image in paint.

I  personally use "Snagit" It seems to keep the file size low enough to post videos and pictures.

I have heard of Jing but most of the time the files are WAY too big.

Regards,

James Alger

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Sorry.  I got the email, but it is not working for me to use that file.  We will have to find another way.   Try Snagit software as someone else suggested.

Message 11 of 11
JMARSHALL1249

I have downloaded Snagit, which works exactly ther same as Jing, but generates a video output in MP4 format.  I will reproduce the error and forward it on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost