AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC updates

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jkm1975
438 Views, 9 Replies

PLC updates

Will there be and future updates to then PLC blocks. Specifically the 1762 MicroLogix series. If not is there an easy way to alter the ones currently in AutoCAD Electrical to represent this series.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jkm1975

Hi, We do make periodic updates to the PLC's included with the core package. If the module that you need isn't in the current shipping version, you can refer to Chapter 5 in the help system for information on adding and modifying PLC modules. You can also share these files across your network so everyone in your workgroup has access to them. It is also good for us to hear what PLC manufacturer and models you would like to see supported in future releases. Thanks for the input. Hope this helps. Scott "jkm1975" wrote in message news:19693453.1071526284462.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Will there be and future updates to then PLC blocks. Specifically the 1762 MicroLogix series. If not is there an easy way to alter the ones currently in AutoCAD Electrical to represent this series.
Message 3 of 10
jkm1975

Yes it did. Thanks for your response. I figured out how to add PLC modules. It is pretty easy when you get right down to it.

Thanks again!!
Message 4 of 10
JPK009

Just wondering if there are any Giddings & Lewis files floating around.

Joe
Message 5 of 10
Sam Andersen

Related to this is it possible to have some of the modules updated. The 1756OB16E has 2 rows of 8 outputs, instead of 1 row of 16 like the 1746OB16. It doesn't work for me in the drawing the way it is. I had to modify the 1746 module and it was a lot of work to make it look right.
Message 6 of 10
MReed

My company uses siemens primarily. If anyone has any modules built I'm always interested
Message 7 of 10
MReed

As far as hearing about any PLC modules used for updating future releases. You can start with any/all Siemens S7 200 series. Would make my days go by a little quicker.
Message 8 of 10
JIMINYT

I'd like to see some GE 90-30 analog modules.
Message 9 of 10
jhf
Observer

I had the exact same issue. Why two rows on the 1756-OB16E?
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Jim,
I am looking for 1762-L40 AWA , 1762-OW16 and 1762-IA8. If you have any of these files already completed , could I get a copy from you?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost