AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
MartinLee
Message 1 of 5 (124 Views)

PLC Style Zip File

124 Views, 4 Replies
04-20-2004 10:33 AM
I am needing the plc_slb.zip file to create a new PLC style for parametric build. It doesn't seem to be on my PC. I'd appreciate it if some fine soul at Auotdesk (Jared, Steve, Nate) could post it here or email it to me.

Thanks.

Martin
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 2 of 5 (124 Views)

Re: PLC Style Zip File

04-20-2004 11:22 AM in reply to: MartinLee
Did you look on the CD?

If I wanted to create a new PLC file, I would just copy one of the existing PLC***.dat files and use that as my template. That is what I did when I created my own parametric dat file. I think they are located in C:\Documents and Settings\[yourprofle]. I am not sure though because I am still using R16. I do know that with AE2004 user data is saved in your profile.
Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
MartinLee
Message 3 of 5 (124 Views)

04-20-2004 11:44 AM in reply to: MartinLee
I am wanting to create a slide for the new style (that shows up in the configuration dialog box) and add it to the sld lib. The help file references this zip file for creating slides and the slb lib. Iit isn't on the CD. I already have the plc*.dat files working. I didn't make myself clear enough for what I was needing and wanting to do. Thanks.
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 4 of 5 (124 Views)

04-20-2004 11:54 AM in reply to: MartinLee
I understand now. Now that I have taken the time to look, I found a copy dated 10/04/2000. I don't see why that would not work. Here it is. I hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Robert Hanrahan
Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
MartinLee
Message 5 of 5 (124 Views)

04-21-2004 04:19 AM in reply to: MartinLee
Thanks, Robert. That was what I needed. The batch file that was included to create the SLB file was too out of date and wouln't work, so the SLB file had to be created manually. But now I do have a nice icon in the PLC setup dialog box. Thanks again. Martin
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.