AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Referencing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
336 Views, 2 Replies

PLC Referencing

Hey guy's

Does anyone know how i can set up multiple references for the same PLC outstation to a I/O point?

The way we have it setup up is we have our PLC (say an 8UI), then each terminal on that unit is represented through the drawing with I/O point's - a component provided by autocad. Basically i need to be able to set up a project refence between the two, but when i use the parent-child link between the two, no reference appears.  

I know it must be able to do this as both components have XREF attributes in them. anyway no tutorials i have found so far show how to do this so any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks. regards,

James

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

From the sounds of it, you have done everything correctly. IE, you inserted the blocks and associated the children with the parent which I am assuming you have the 8UI block as.

First of all, make sure the two XREF layers are turned on in the layer control.

Another item to check is the blocks themselves. Right click on an inserted block, select attributes and then list the attributes. If there is a star (*) next to the XREF attribute, then the attribute is visible. If the attribute has been hidden, then there will be no star. to place a star, click on the attribute name. To set this in all inserted copies of the block, edit the block itself and make the attribute visible using the properties. save the block and then update the block in the main dwg.

You also need to check that the cross reference has been inserted into the attribute. Edit the parent block and look for the box labelled Cross-reference. If there is a value/s in it then the cross reference has been inserted correctly.

Last thing to check is to make sure the cross referencing is actually set up in the dwg. This is done on the last tab of the dwg properties.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for replying. I have just checked all my settings against what you have suggested and they seem to all be fine. referencing works with every other component except for the PLC's which leads me to think i am setting them up wrong, or they do not support my requirments.

I have attached a file which shows how i am setting it up and hopefully where i am going wrong. you can see what i am trying to link and in turn what i am trying to reference. I am fairly new to PLC's as it is the last part i need to learn before i start designing with autocad. Hopefully the attachment helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost