AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Parametric Selection.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
imoneluckyman
1147 Views, 4 Replies

PLC Parametric Selection.

In the PLC Parametric Selection, libs menu, there is a folder for WAGO components. We are currently using these components, but AutoCAD does not have WAGO for a selection in the PLC Parametric Selection. How do I get AutoCAD to display the WAGO components?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cpetzol2
in reply to: imoneluckyman

We do no use WAGO, so I am not entirely sure what is included by default. In general, the catalogs and parts included with AcadE are not complete. Perhaps the PLC database is broken, but it is just as likely that these parts were not included, and you will need to add them yourself.

I have found this to be common, even more so on the PLC catalogs.

Message 3 of 5
CAD-ICE

Hi there,

I just started on a project where I need the Wago PLC symbols...did you manage to get these symbols ?

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 5
sonny3g

Read up on the section for Parametric PLC and PLC Database.  In the past I have created custom Parametric PLC entries for Motoman Robots that allowed us to insert robot controls the same way you would an AB 1769 card.  This is the approach I would use to add Wago I/O blocks to my PLC library.  It takes some experimentation but you can get it to come in exactly the way you want it to.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 5 of 5
CAD-ICE
in reply to: sonny3g

Hi Scott and thank´s for your comments.

I´m familiar with the parametric plc database and have some experience in defining new plc modules.

I was just hoping someone using the WAGO PLC I/O was willing to share Smiley Happy

Regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost