AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC I/O Utility - trim on spare TB

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
conrad.rohrer
698 Views, 6 Replies

PLC I/O Utility - trim on spare TB

I'm curious if there is functionality that I can add to the PLC I/O Utility import spreadsheet that would trim the rung to the left/right of a spare I/O point Terminal Block symbol.

Many thanks for feedback.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
testsubject
in reply to: conrad.rohrer

If you leave the rest of the row blank, you should get the desired result.

(Nothing in DXTAG, DXDESC, DXBLK, DXLOC)

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 7

If you are talking about a common TB and not an I/O point TB. Editing the plc spacing in the "PLC Database Editor" may help. For example, edit the "Spacing Factor" to offset the common TB so it will not fall on the rung line. Add 0.875 on the common TB and 1.125 on the terminal after the common TB.

Also, check out this site: www.racklayout.com  This site has an application for creating the Excel spreadsheet.

Message 4 of 7

To further clarify what I'm after, I've attached a .docx with screenshots.

I did try leaving the other columns blank (DxTAG, DxDESC, etc.) but this did not trim the wire.

Message 5 of 7
testsubject
in reply to: conrad.rohrer

Conrad,

I see what you are doing now.

Since you are using a standard terminal block, it is behaving as it should. Right off the bat, I would suggest creating a terminal with only one termination (X1TERM01) located on the right side of the terminal. The problem with that is when you later on want to add a connection the terminal will not break the wire on the left. After the PLC Utility has finished, do a project wide Swap Block to change it back to the standard terminal. Not the best solution, but not too painless.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 6 of 7
zalant
in reply to: testsubject

The following blog post appears to offer up the functionality you're seeking, Conrad.  

http://myacade.blogspot.in/2012/04/auto-trim-wires-from-plc-io-utility.html

Please give it a shot and post back here whether or not it does what you're hoping.  Bob, if you could please throw in your opinion of the method, that would also help out greatly and would be appreciated by all others who might find this forum thread.

Zac Travis
Message 7 of 7
conrad.rohrer
in reply to: zalant

Yeah, I've seen this option also.

I still prefer adding a reference only arrow with the terminal block and instructing the users to trim.

It's low tech, but less prone to other problems.

As you've suggested, I've added this to the Product Enhancement link you've provided.

Thanks for your help.

Conrad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost