AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC I/O Drawings for non-standard PLCS ...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
clyons
1125 Views, 1 Reply

PLC I/O Drawings for non-standard PLCS ...

Using ACADA 2014.  I need to create PLC I/O drawings for a Mitsubishi FX3U-48M processor.  Can't seem to find that unit as something natively supported by ACADE (appears to only have info for up to the FX2N series).  Seems odd since I believe this is a pretty standard Mitsubishi PLC.

I'd like to get the correct terminal connection points for all the I/O related connections and be able to break it up into a series of blocks.  Can anyone provide some direction on where I might find this pre-configured and ready to use?  If no options there, how can I create a template file for the parametric PLC generation utility for this PLC?  Appreciate any help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
shyfx
in reply to: clyons

Use the "Insert PLC (Parametric)" tab. If the PLC module does not exist, you can add this to the database.

Location reference for commands:

Schematic (tab) > Insert Components (panel) > Insert PLC (Parametrc)

The command is AEPLCP if you want to enter it from the command line

Schematic (tab) > Other tools (panel flyout) > PLC Database File Editor

The command is AEPLCDB if you want to enter it from the command line

To understand how to use this, check out http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015...

It is very quick and simple once you get the hang of it, and best of all you don't mess up your drawings with ugly "realistic" pictorials of the PLC modules.

It also allows you to break up a single module into multiple pieces of a few sheets, it integrates nicely with the ladders that AutoCAD Electrical draws etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost