AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Definition Files for Electrical 2014?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
500 Views, 3 Replies

PLC Definition Files for Electrical 2014?

I just installed AutoCAD Electrical 2014 and I need to install other PLC definition files.  It currently only shows ABB & Allen-Bradley.  Where are the other PLC libraries located?  How do I install them?  Appreciate any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mathalekar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Christopher,

When you install the product, you get the manufacturer's selection page. By default first 3 are selected. However since you have already installed the product, and wants to install more manufacturers, here is the procedure,

1. Open Add/Remove from control panel

2. Click on the AutoCAD Electrical 2014

3. Select "Uninstall / Change"

4. Click on "Add or Remove Feature"

5. From "Manufacturer's content selection" choose whatever manufacturers content you want to have it on your local. 

6. Click on Next to end the selection and process to update.

It takes some time to update your entire content databases in the process.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mathalekar

Thanks, that worked.  However, I'm looking for PLC layouts for a Mitsubishi FX3u processor, which isn't listed in the Mitsubishi section.  I'm guessing someone must have already created this.  What's the best way to try to find it?

Message 4 of 4
mathalekar
in reply to: Anonymous

Content in general is very vast and not all of them will in the out of box of AutoCAD Electrical. PLC has got some good features like parametric PLC functionality by which you can have modules designed in easier fashion for your day to day use. Refer the PLC Database Editor feature to create new ones, as well configure them for inserting them in schematics using Insert Parametric PLC option. It is not a instant solution that i am giving you but kind of workaround for missing contents.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost