AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Database

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dbrblg
505 Views, 6 Replies

PLC Database

Hi,

A few questions regarding the PLC Database...

1) When using the PLC Database File Editor, what is the difference between Module Box Dimensions and Style Box Dimensions?  I have tried changing them but absolutely nothing changes - it looks like a bug, maybe?

2) When you insert a new PLC module, I notice the spacing is the same as the default Ladder Spacing under the Drawing Format tab of the project properties.  Can the PLC spacing be changed to another value permanently?  We use 30 for the Ladder Spacing but this is not what we want for the PLC.  I notice there is the option to run a lisp file at insertion time - maybe this could change the scaling, perhaps?  Could someone provide a basic script for this?

3) What is the Address_Format column used for in the PLC Database?  Does it enable us to pre-define the address; for example O:7/00.  If so, how do you change the format.  What are the delimeters?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: dbrblg

Hi.

1) The Module Box Dimensions (If they are set) overrides the Style Box Dimensions. That's te difference. Why you can't see any difference when changing them... that's another question.

2) The rung spacing for the current document is saved in the GBL_WD_M variabel (Type !GBL_WD_M on the command line to have a look at it). I guess you can create a lisp-file that sets the rung spacing to something else than 30 before the module is inserted. However, you might get trouble setting it back to 30 when the PLC is inserted.

3) A search in the help file (You should try it 😉 ) gives this:

ADDRESS_FORMAT

Reserved for future use; currently empty

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 7

I didn't have any trouble getting the Style or Box Dimensions to work. What version of AcadE are you using.

One way to control the spacing is to use the Spacing Factor column in the database. Although this would take some time to use the PLC Database Editor to add a value for each module but possibly you could do a mass update directly using Microsoft Access. I would make a backup copy of the database before trying this.

Here is the info on the Spacing Factor column from the Help -

Overrides the current rung spacing for I/O and wire connection point spacing. For example, a value of two inserts the point down two times the rung spacing instead of a full rung spacing

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 7

Sorry, I think I missed the obvious way to control the spacing is the Spacing value on the Module Layout dialog during insertion. It defaults to the ladder spacing but just enter a different value. Or were you asking if there was a way to have that value in the edit box always show a certain value rather than the ladder rung spacing?

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
dbrblg
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Pat.  I am using ACADE 2012

I am looking to have a specific spacing shown in the dialog box so when doing multiple or continuous modules you don't have to keep trying in the scaling factor every time.  This can be rather tedious after a while.  I assume it is a lisp script which runs the PLC parametic insertion???  Is it available to modify???

As rhesusminus indicated the module box being an override, I had better look back to that rather than the style box to see what this effects.

Thanks for this guys Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk

I don't see a way to substitute a different value in that edit box. It is in the code which is not available for modification at your end. It reads the XY location you select for the module, checks to see if there is a ladder in that area and if so it uses its rung spacing. If no ladder then it uses the default rung spacing from the Drawing Properties.

I can log this as a wishlist item for a possible future enhancement.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
dbrblg

I think that would be a good addition to add to a wishlist.

Thanks Pat.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost