AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plc database

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
anitom
2691 Views, 2 Replies

plc database

I am running autocad electrical 2010 and am needing plc cards allen bradley 1769-of4 and allen bradley 1769sc-if8u and they are not in my plc database can I get these somewhere ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adrianocefet
in reply to: anitom

I manually register my databaseand. there was no library in the series of Siemens S7-1200.

Message 3 of 3
david_brude
in reply to: anitom

I have those AB modules in my database because I or another coworker added them to the library. I could export the tables from my plc mdb file but you would have to be familiar with MS Access and have it installed on your computer in order to import. The other  problem with doing it this way is, we use a customized PLC style that may not work with your symbols.

At some point you may need another module that no one has, in which case you'll have to add it yourself. I'd like to encourage you to get familiar with adding modules. AutoDesk has a wiki website that has good help for adding to your PLC database. http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2012/Help/0643-PLC643/0646-Overview646

Probably the best way is, from the PLC editor, copy a module that is close and then modify it. That way you are not starting with a blank page and wondering what goes where. 

Best Regards,

David Brude

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost