AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Database. How to re-install missing MFGs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Matt116
469 Views, 4 Replies

PLC Database. How to re-install missing MFGs

Win 7 Pro SP1 64bit

ACADE 2015 SP1

When I go to add a PLC module only 1 manufacture is listed.... How do I add the others? I tried going: Control Panel > Programs and Features > ACADE 2015 > Add Remove features > selected the manufactures I wanted > Update... Everything seems to update/finish but I still only have one manufacture in my PLC database and yes ACADE is pointing to the right place/location of the database.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jalger
in reply to: Matt116

Hi Matt

I'm not sure why the PLC database files didn't update. (maybe the file folder is archieved or locked down) (if it is remove the file protection on the folder, i,e, unlock it)

You could try copying over a working copy of the database.

Install a trial version (with all of the Manufacturers selected) then copy the Database over to your computer (the PLC Database with everything installed should be around 55mb).

Or you could re-install the Software on your computer.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 5
Matt116
in reply to: jalger

I pretty much did what you suggested.  I installed ACADE on my laptop them copied the "PLC" folder over to my desktop, works fine now but it does suck that I lost my edited PLC modules.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
jalger
in reply to: Matt116

Hmmm,

If you still have a backup with the modifications you might be able to merge the Databases.

If not, there is not much you can do. you might get lucky and the data may exist in the Scratch databse.

But it would porbably be easier to just recreate the plc modules in the PLC editor.

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 5 of 5
Matt116
in reply to: jalger

It wasn't any thing major just over the years I had changed wire pointing dirrections and break points to suit my needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost