AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Database Editor

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
TomTom111
594 Views, 6 Replies

PLC Database Editor

Hello,

I am adding a new PLC module for a schematic.

There are inputs and outputs on the same physical device.

I am putting two terminals with module info on the icon so i can display the info for the input and output.

When I break the module at the second module info terminal point, it will add another tag for that, wich overwrites the origional tag number, with a tag looking something like the attached image...

This is with the tag box left blank for the second module info terminal.

My question is this-

Is there a way to make the tag for these PLCs blank, so I do not get the resulting image?

--Thank You

Thomas Walls

CADMASTER TECHNOLOGIES, LLC

www.cadmastertech.com

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
electricman1
in reply to: TomTom111

Looks like you may be using a "Module Info, No Terminal" option instead of a  "Terminal Point Wire Left" at the start of the break point. The "Module info...." options are usually reserved for the very first Terminal Type only. When breaking a module the child reference tag link is the standard attribute.

Message 3 of 7
TomTom111
in reply to: electricman1

Thank you electricman1 for your reply.

I am purposly using this "module info terminal point wire left" so i can show a description on the second block for a description to show it is not a digital input which is the fist half of the device.

I am going to play with it more, and will report back with any viable solutions.

--Thanks again

Thomas Walls

www.cadmastertech.com

Message 4 of 7
Tee.Dee

You could create your own terminal type by copying the module info one but  instead of having the 'TAG' attribute it would have the "TAG_1" attribute in its place.

Let me know if you need any further help in doing this.

Message 5 of 7
TomTom111
in reply to: Tee.Dee

I did not think of that Tee.Dee, Thanks!

I've never tried this, so if I run into a bump in the road, i wil definitely let you know.

--Thanks again

Thomas Walls

www.cadmastertech.com

Message 6 of 7
TomTom111
in reply to: Tee.Dee

Worked like a charm Tee.Dee!

I copied the "Module info terminal point wire left" DWG, and deleted the TAG attribute completly. The origional tag still appears, and now there's no overlapping text.

--I owe you one, thanks.

Thomas Walls

www.cadmastertech.com

Message 7 of 7
Tee.Dee

No worries, glad to help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost