AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC Database editor Attributes missing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jwton
625 Views, 4 Replies

PLC Database editor Attributes missing

I am using 2015. When adding a new or editing an existing PLC module the Attribute are missing from the box at bottom of window. How do I fix this?

See below:

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: jwton

The only thing I can think of that might cause this is if AutoCAD Electrical can't find the library symbols used to generate the PLC modules. For it to show the attributes for each block that make up the module it has to be able to find them. Make sure you have an active project, and the project properties are pointing to a valid schematic library folder, and that the library folder contains the blocks used for the parametric PLC. These symbols begin with "HP" or "VP" (horizontal rung versus vertical) followed by a digit 1 through 9. The digit corresponds to the selected PLC module style or look.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
torr427GG
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

I am running AutoCAD Electrical 2019 and I am having the same problem with Attributes not showing up to edit. I was able to do this a week ago with out a problem. I can insert PLC blocks with out a problem. And I tried going directly to ACE_PLC.MDB and changing a MFG name and when inserted the change was there. What do I need to do to get attributes displaying in the editor again? acad.PNG

Message 4 of 5
jseefdrumr
in reply to: torr427GG

Have you upgraded to 2019 since the last time this worked, or has it worked before within the 2019 version?

Have you tried resetting to defaults, doing a repair, or reinstalling?

Normally when I see weird things like this it goes away after doing one of those things.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 5 of 5
torr427GG
in reply to: jseefdrumr

It was working after I upgrade to 2019.

it is working again. I remapped the "Support File Search Paths" back to the same folders and then did a "Default" in the Project "Library and Icon Menu Paths" 

Not sure what happened. There has been Widows 10 updates since it worked last but the paths did not change.

Thanks

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost