AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC address

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
elprim
753 Views, 3 Replies

PLC address

Hi there,

For more than 8 inputs I have two different IO address, for the first 7 (I0.0)  and for second 7 addresses (I1.0).

It prompts once for all 16 addresses. Is possible to set that it asks for second part too.

Now I edit manually, first 7 are OK, I change 8, 9 and 10-th become automatically I1.0, then I edit only last digit

from address.

for 16 inputs is input 1 =I0.0 to I0.7 and input 8 =I1.0 to I1.7 

Regards, Vito

Kind regards, Vito
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: elprim

When inserting the PLC IO module from the PLC Builder, you should see a dialog box that asks you during the insertion of the first address how you want he adresses to be configured. In you case, select octal and it should automatically change.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: elprim

The address prompts that pop up when a PLC module is inserted are defined in the PLC database in the definition for that module. So if you run the PLC Database Editor (on ribbon Schematic tab > Other Tools > drop-down > PLC Database File Editor) and select the specific module, in the grid at the right there is a column called "Optional Re-Prompt" that controls if additional address prompts are given when you insert the module. So if you want to add another prompt just pick what type of address prompt, i.e. Input or Output, you want at that address.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
elprim
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Thank You,

I haven't seen this option.

Regards, Vito

Kind regards, Vito

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost