AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinlists with Pushbutton Contacts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dbrblg
405 Views, 1 Reply

Pinlists with Pushbutton Contacts

Hi,

When I've added a aux contact block to a coil as part of a multipart component, the pinlist from the aux contact block is made 'available' to the parent and child so that the contacts can have the appropriate pin number.

Now, when I come to pushbuttons I don't get this - should I?  I have a parent pushbutton contact and when I assign a catalog number I correctly get the pin numbers but I cannot get any pin numbers from any additional child contacts.

I have tried two ways of doing this:

1) I have assigned the parent a catalog number and a count of two - the child contact pin numbers are not available.

2) I have assigned the parent a catalog number and then an additional contact as a multipart catalog - the child contact pin numbers are still not available.

Am I going about this the wrong way or is it not possible to actually do this?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dbrblg
in reply to: dbrblg

I have noticed this http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/Pin-list-for-push-buttons/td-p/3234938 which was posted a while back regarding this problem.  

It looks good except that not all pushbuttons come with the same amount of contacts.

For example we use the modular variety where you'll use the pushbutton, base and 3 N/O contacts one time and then 1 N/O contacts another.

I would have thought if you add a component as part of a multicatalog part, ACADE would multiply the quanity of these components to make sure the correct amount of pins are available??!!??!!??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost