AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinlist and coilpin data not inserting ACADE 2015

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
CAD-ICE
369 Views, 8 Replies

Pinlist and coilpin data not inserting ACADE 2015

Hi there,

having problems with the pinlist and coilpin data not inserting at all!

I installed 2015 recently and ran the migration utility this morning migrating from 2013 by the way.

As shown in the attached screenshots I have defined the coilpin and pinlist data in the Catalog browser but the data does not insert for some reason?

Maybe I need to install an update or somethin...where can see if the software is up to date or if I need to install some servicepack´s. 

Thank´s again, Gary

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
vladop
in reply to: CAD-ICE

I think that 3;11,14,12 is wrong, it should be 3,11,14,12

Vladimir

Message 3 of 9
CAD-ICE
in reply to: vladop

Hello Vladimir,

I agree that the format for the pinlist is incorrect and I have corrected accordingly.

Still not seing neither pinlist og coilpindata! (attached is the a screeshot from my catalogbrowser after the correction of the pinlist definition)

Thank´s for commenting on the tread.

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 9
jalger

Hi Gary,

Try activating a different project after making changes to the database.

For some reason the changes are not recoginzed right away. (if you make the changes In MS Access the pinlist still works perfectly)

The new catalog browser is just like the old database editors in ACADE (the changes don't always take right away)

So,

Make your change in the database (in the catalog browser)

Switch the project (Activate a different one)

Switch back to your original Project

do the catalog lookup. (it should process the pins)

If thats not working, I would just use MS Access to make the pinlist changes.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 5 of 9
CAD-ICE
in reply to: jalger

Hi James,

sorry for all the bother but since upgrading to 2015 I´m running into issues I haven´s seen in 2013.

I´m working in a project I previously started on with ACADE2013. In our company we have a cut-down version of catalog database placed on a public server. This is done according to Dough McAlexander´s article "Creating a preferred vendor parts catalog for AutoCAD® Electrical" on his site ecadconsultant.com.

The project specific environmentfile points to this path (see attached pic.)

When I however open the project in 2015 ACADE seem´s to ignore this and look´s only into the default dataabase in the user directory!

When using the new catalogbrowser, you can´s see what catalog is in use...or can you?

Thank´s again  James for your much appreciated help on this forum.

Regards, Gary

Message 6 of 9
jalger

Hi Gary,

No Worries! Thats why the fourm exists. (makes my day less boring 🙂 )

ok so in the new catalog browser the only thing it tells you is if its the primary or Secondary catalog.

You would have to look at the Project settings to see where it is pointing to.

Based on the picture it looks like its looking for the custom wd.env file on your c drive not off of the network.

Try tweaking the local wd.env file to add in your custom network path for the catalog data.

Lets see if its just not happy with the env file or if its just ignoring the stored info.

Let me know,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 7 of 9
CAD-ICE
in reply to: jalger

Dear James,

sorry for this late reply it´s been real busy today so I haven´t had the opportunity to do some experiments.

It seems like ACADE is not using the path in my project specific environment-file in the lookup procedure.

For instance If I define a new part with pinlist and coilpin data the record is written to the default_cat.mdb in my user directory.

I have confirmed this by opening the file with MS-Access where I can see the new record with the pinlist and coilpin data.

After selecting the record in the lookup process the software doesn´t pick up the data!

I did as you suggested and tveaked the local environment file wd.env so that the path for the active catalog lookup is pointing to our cut-down catalog.

This resulted in the following  "Database Access" dialogbox informing me that the catalog database format is incorrect!

I´m not sure how to convert our cut-down database to the correct format, so maybe that´s the reason that the software bypasses and uses the local database instead.

Anyway, I have attached a screenshot showing my project settings...maybe this can answer some questions. The other screenshot shows the dialogbox with the incorrect database format.

Thanks for your support.

Regards, Gary

Message 8 of 9
jalger

Hi Gary,

You will need to run the Migration on the Network Database. (Back it up before running the migration just in case it fails).

Also Make sure you update ACADE 2015 to SP1 BEFORE migration (RTM had some serious Issues and data was lost or merged into the wrong columns)

See the Screen shot Below for what to Select:

ACADE_Migration.png

Let me know if you need any help with it, sometimes the migration ultity does silly things.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 9 of 9
jalger

And One other thing I just thought of,

Your old environment file would need to be updated to work with 2015. (they added a few new things to the WD.env).

So if they were missing it might ignore the custom file.

Try migrating your custom environment file as well.

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost