AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
johnq
521 Views, 2 Replies

Pin List

G'day Folks

I am taking the next step and working on the PIN LIST feature in ACE.  I have searched the history and nothing seems to relate to my problems.

I am on ACE2012  win7 

I have read some where that in the symbols there must be an attribute for "PINLIST" and PEER_PINLIST.   I add these attributes to the symbols and in the optional area, the green tick is displayed with the two attribute names.

As I have done with other attributes.

Later I find when I open the symbold the attribute in on th drawing but the entry is not in the table.

It does not make any difference if the "NO/NC setup table" is set up or blank.

I have been trying different combinations for many hours and I am missing out on something.

I have a "WORKING" project set up that I do all my developement work area,  I have tried deleting the .MDB file from time to time.

I swap drawings as I have found that can help on othere problems.

Is there a specific sequence to follow?

Some screen shots attached.

The pins I am trying to use are not drawn on the symbols that I create.  Is this a clue?  My company does not want them to be there.  If that is the key to my problems then I need to know.

Thanks in advance

John Quigley

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: johnq

You didn't include a picture of the actual block but going from the dialog boxes I think I know what your problem is.

If it is a parent block (a coil for example) it will be looking for the coil pin information which you have not added into the pinlist database.

If your block has more than 2 coil pins, you just keep adding them to the coil pin list.

The NO/NC and other types are for child blocks and don't get pulled into a parent block.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 3
johnq
in reply to: Icemanau

Hi Brad

Thanks for your reply and time to offer some advice.  One of my blocks would have made it easier for you but you are right.

I do not have the contact pins on the on a block and that is the cause of my problem.

I have carried out a test and pins on the block fixed the problem.

I now need to convince the powers to be that I need to go that road.

It is difficult on my own with this package, the only support is this forum.

I am starting to like this program but I still do not like the way it crashes.

Cheers  john Q

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost