AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin List Weirdness - XDATA vs Attribute

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
drathak
270 Views, 0 Replies

Pin List Weirdness - XDATA vs Attribute

Been fighting all morning trying to get a pinlist entered for a Schweitzer relay.  Done several of these but this one was leaving off the last few inputs.  (This relay has 6 current coils, 6 potential coils, 18 output contacts, 16 Inputs and 5 form C output contacts.)

Double and triple checekd my pin list generator for errors.  (I have a spreadsheet to "build" those ungoldy long strings which I paste into the PINLIST table in the catalog.)  Everything should have worked, but nothing did. 

Well that is until I added the PINLIST attribute in the block.  Seems that the XData field was unable to hold all the information I was trying to add.  With the pinlist attribute, all is good. Just thought this might help someone else down the road.

Oh, one other thing.  Apparently ACADE doesn't remove all of the XDATA it had previously applied to the parent symbol after updating the catalog and pinlist information.  It adds the data to the PINLIST attribute just fine, but only removes the first line of pin list XDATA.  There were three more lines that I had to remove manually before my pin list looked right in the Edit Component dialog.  Just more FYI.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost