AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin list for push buttons?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mako68
898 Views, 4 Replies

Pin list for push buttons?

Hi,

It seems that AutoCAD Electrical does not support creating pin list information for push buttons, pilot lights with multiple NC NO contacts. For example; ABB pushbutton MP1-10B with 2NO and 2NC. How to define this to pin list database that it would work...? Ithink this database is mainly created for contactor coil/pins and it will work only with control devices (push buttons, etc) with only one contact.

Regards

mako

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
randybrunette
in reply to: mako68

ACE does indeed support creating pin list information for push buttons, pilot lights with multiple NC NO contacts. Pretty much the same way as for coils with multiple contacts.

The one exception is that since there is no "coil" pins, you need to enter the same pins for both the coil and the first contact set on the device.

For example, with a pushbutton with a NO contact and a NC contact you would enter the coil pins as, A1X,A1Y, and enter the pinlist data as 1,A1X,A1Y,2,A2X,A2Y.

Randy Brunette
Brunette Technologies, LLC
randy.brunette@brutec.us
www.brutec.us
Message 3 of 5
mako68
in reply to: randybrunette

Yes it works! Thanks Randy!

Message 4 of 5
mako68
in reply to: randybrunette

I noticed that there are some pre-filled pin list data for circuit breakers in AutoCAD Electrical...The syntax for 2 pole circuit breaker is: Coil pins 1,2 and pin list 3,4. (There is no same pins for  for both the coil and the first contact set on the device). I know that these blocks are built dynamically using the wd_3unit code so it will work on this way.

But if you want build this 2-pole CB using separate parent/child blocks you should enter the same pins for both the coil and the first contact set on the device. So would it be correct to fill the data also for CB's like Coil  pins 1,2 and pin list: 1,1,2;1,3,4

Mako

Message 5 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: mako68

We do this exercise with a 3-pole breaker in my training course.  Just enter 1,2 for the Coilpins (i.e. parent) and 1,3,4 in the Pin List field for the second pole (i.e. child).  For a 3-pole breaker, it would be Coilpins 1,2 and Pin List 1,3,4;1,5,6.  I also do this for switch disconnects.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost