AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin List Confusion.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1056 Views, 6 Replies

Pin List Confusion.

I have just eneterd a heap of data into the ACADE default database via importing excel files into acess.

Everything works fine until I try and use the new pin list data.

It will NOT read the information.

If I enter data via the user interface (one at a time) the program responds correctly.

The information that I imported is visable and identical to the manually eneterd data through the user interface.

Any ideas?? or am I missing something obvious!

I dont wish to manually enter a manufactures cataloque (Sprecher+Schuh) one device at a time.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

It's pretty hard to say what is wrong without having the database file or seeing the entries. What version of AcadE are you using? Can you send the catalog file zipped in email to pat.murnen@autodesk.com or is it too large?

You might try turning on the AutoCAD log file (LOGFILEON), turning on the AutoCAD Electrcial command line debug (AEONLISPDEBUG) and adding a catalog to a component that you tihnk should get pins assigned. Then turn off the command line debug (AEOFFLISPDEBUG), turn the logfile off (LOGFILEOFF), find the log file (LOGFILENAME) and post the log file here. It might provide some clues.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
dougmcalexander

Pat, I wonder if his spreadsheet needs to be checked to ensure text only format?

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for the pointer

Using trace mode found the TAB_2 step as per the attached trace.

2 tabs in from column 1 points to the catalog column in the pinlist table.

This made me recheck my imported pinlist which did not have the  same column arrangemnent ( would not keep position even when rearranged - eventually found the source of that problem)

The simplist of problems are not always the most obvious.

It would be great if more information was availble on the construct and implemtation of the database, especially for the creation of extra manufacturers.

In my case I only use about five of the supplied manufacturers, all others  have to be  added, and excel to access is the quickest way.

I find the hardest part is establishing a fluid workflow on the data entry as the databases reside in two different locations, and new footprints in a third.

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk

So is the issue solved and all is working now?

For information on the catalog tables (not including any that start with an underscore), see this topic -

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2011/Help/User's_Guide/117BOMandCatalogs/1415Ove...

For information on the pin list table see this topic (expand the Edit topic in the References section)-

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2011/Help/User's_Guide/117BOMandCatalogs/1422Con...

For all databases used by AutoCAD Electrical, the column order is critical. It must not be changed. Any tables you create or modify using tools outside of AutoCAD Electrical must use the same column order.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Pat

Apologies for not stating the obvious that the issue was resolved.

Thanks once again for the detective tools.

Message 7 of 7
PatMurnen_Adsk

Well, it sounded like it was but I just wanted to make sure. Glad it is all working now.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost