AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin List assignment missing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MTSII
745 Views, 4 Replies

Pin List assignment missing

New to AE, used Promise until Bentley took over. I have created several new relays in the CR catalog database and created the associated pin list using the same catalog number in _PINLIST_ catalog.db. When component is selected from the icon menu, the coil and pin list is not automatically alllocated. What am I missing? Help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: MTSII

You must not have used the correct syntax.  Being a promis-e user as well, I can say that the pin list database is a much easier approach than creating device types, but you must use the correct syntax.  Also be sure the catalog number exactly matches the one in the CR table, including spaces or other characters.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5
MTSII
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Doug,

Thanks for the response, still not having any luck. Attached are some screenshots from my setup for item 782-2C-120A.

Selecting this item attaches the 2 pole base but no pin assignments. Any ideas? or is there a more detailed explanation of procedure for pin lists.

Message 4 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: MTSII

I see that you are using an assembly code of 2 POLE BASE.  Did you enter this assembly code into the assembly code field of the pin list database entry for this part?  The Assembly Code is considered part of the unique identifier of a device.  An assembly code might call a base that is pinned out differently from another, so the assembly code entry is as important as manufacturer and catalog number.  The assembly code can be blank, but it most be blank in both the catalog database and the pin list database. 

I recommend attending a training class if you are new to Electrical.  I still go to training and I've been around software like this since 1991.  I even went through training for the latest version of promis-e.  Formal training is just as important for getting the most out of AutoCAD Electrical as it is with promis-e.  You will learn about the assembly code and much more.  In my training course we cover tips and tricks that go beyond what the tutorials cover, one such tip involves some advanced use of the assembly code.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
MTSII
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thank you Doug, that was it. Put the assembly code in the pin list and now it populates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost