AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID Symbol Builder

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cbenner
530 Views, 4 Replies

PID Symbol Builder

This is a good question for Bob or Doug!  Or anyone else who knows.  Smiley Happy

In symbol builder, I can add an attribute... no problem.  How do I get it now to show up in the dialog box that appears when I place the symbol.  In my example, TAG1 is the default tag on pretty much all symbols, and it's the first thing you see when you place the symbol... I want to add TAG2 and have it editable on insertion, from the same spot as TAG1 (below it?).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: cbenner

Chris,

I am not really sure what you are trying to do.

The TAGX values are different based on the symbol. TAG1 is for parent symbols and TAG2 are for child symbols.

They should act the same. If you insert a child and then the parent is selected, the TAG2 value is automatically filled in with the TAG1 value.

What you have written implies you want to have both TAG1 and TAG2 present in the same symbol.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: testsubject

Bob,

I'm playing with the whole P&ID setup.  Most p&id symbols have a dual tag number... the instrument type and a tag number.  Since posting this, I've been digging more into the symbols that came with AE, to see how they made them.  I see they all have TAG1 as expected, but it is not placed in the block.  Instead the attributes on the block are "tag_part1" and "tag_part2".

Muggle that I am, I'm not sure what magic spell they used.... but when you enter (for example) LIT123 into the Tag box on the Edit Component screen.... it magically splits it in 2, and places the LIT on tag_part1, and the 123 on tag_part2.

This is what I was after,... so I think what I will do moving forward, is use one of the symbols THEY built like that as a template for all of mine.  Smiley Very Happy

lit.JPG

Message 4 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: cbenner

That is how it works. It takes the %F value for TAG_PART1 and %N goes in TAG_PART2. I am glad you were able to find something that works for you.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: testsubject

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost