AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDFs in your workflows

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
micah.dickerson
376 Views, 3 Replies

PDFs in your workflows

The AutoCAD team is conducting a research study about how PDFs are used in users' regular workflows, and we'd like to invite you to participate. The feedback you provide will be used to help improve AutoCAD. The online survey will take about 15 minutes to complete, and your responses will be kept strictly confidential.

To share your feedback and experiences, just follow this link: http://v2.decipherinc.com/survey/selfserve/9e2/crb14025?list=1&origin=paf

If you are interested in participating please be sure to take the survey right away, but not after December 5, 2014. The survey is being hosted and reported by independent research firms: Cooper Roberts Research, Inc. and Decipher, Inc.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Micah Dickerson

Senior Product Manager

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: micah.dickerson

I generally use PDF's when I'm issuing dwgs to clients who don't have ACAD or any of it's variants.

I also get the majority of client dwgs in PDF and have to read them on a second monitor while working on the dwg.

On the very rare occasion, I have to redo a complete dwg from PDF when the original dwg has been lost or is paper only.

That is usually the full extent of my usage of PDF's.

What I would like to see is ACAD include a function to open a PDF and convert it to a proper ACAD dwg.

This function would need to be able to read scanned images as well as program generated PDF's.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
ccad2509
in reply to: Icemanau

well its about tme autodesk switched on to the pdf to dwg conversion so my guess autocad 2017 will have it

i have used print to cad for years its flexible reads multiple file formats ansd is easy to use its saved me thousands in redraws over the years

Message 4 of 4
lucgab
in reply to: ccad2509

When I'm issuing dwgs to clients , I use PDF's who don't have ACAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost