AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Numbers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
261 Views, 3 Replies

Part Numbers

Can anyone please tell me if there is any suggested method or if ACE has a tool to handle components with the same symbol geometry but different part #(company) and functions ? I have a couple of valves with the same symbol geometry but don't know how to differentiate it from one another.

I have been brainstorming but I am out of ideas. I am currently stuck. I will greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

Justin,

I am not sure what trouble you are having. ACE has no problem with using the same geometry and different MFG/CAT values. Just insert the symbol and select the appropriate MFG/CAT from the database. For example, you would use the same relay coil symbol for both an SPDT and a DPDT relay. They would just have different MFG/CAT values.

I hope this helps,

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I understand that part of it. So if you are creating a symbols folder how will you differentiate them?

Thanks again

Message 4 of 4
testsubject

If you are talking about creating a bunch of symbols with the same geometry butt different MFG/CAT values preloaded then that is the way to do it.

After a while I found I used the same 3 relays so I just copied the relay symbol 3 times and appended _1, _2, _3 to each of the dwgs. Then in the Menu, I added them to the relay part of the list and gave then unique names. Now when I pick symbol 1, it has the MFG/CAT values already filled in.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost