AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parent sibling contact

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Dan_Margulius
844 Views, 2 Replies

parent sibling contact

Hello,

If i attach the contact to 1 pole breaker i see the used connection under the block.

How can I do the same thing with 3 pole circuit breaker.

Like in the picture

Thanks

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
algerj
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Hi Dan,

Its not too hard to do this.

The first thing you need to do is expose the Xref attribute, using move/show attribute. 

(Schematic > Edit Components > Move/Show Attribute [ make sure you select the component; not the attributes])

In the list that appears after selecting the component (the main 3 phase circuit breaker in this case), scroll to the bottom and look for Xref it should have a list of all other components tied to the parent component.

After exposing the Xref attribute we need to format the display to match what you are looking for. (if it varies from page to page) 

Edit the main component, and look for the Cross-Reference section.

Toggle on "Component Override", then click on Setup.

In the setup dialog box you can set the cross reference display. (in this case select Graphical Format)

One more thing, make sure that you use a secondary component to link to the Circuit Breaker.

(looks like it would be a secondary toggle / limit switch)

If you don't use a secondary component you will get the parent component dialog box which doesn't let us join the component with the "parent /sibling" option. (we need to join them using "parent sibling" to expose the reference in the Xref attribute)

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 3 of 3

Thank you
Got to it.
Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost