AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent/Child XREF issue.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pqphillips
886 Views, 1 Reply

Parent/Child XREF issue.

Okay, I've created two blocks, one a parent, the other a child.

When I insert the child component into the drawing and associate it with the parent, the child symbol's XREF is perfectly fine, but the parent's XREF has converted to a text block with additional references to two of the terminals on the child symbol, and I cannot figure out why. It's supposed to show the XREF attribute. Instead, it defaults the XREF attribute to invisible (it's set up to be visible by default) and puts the other stuff in there as MTEXT.

See the attached pictures for images of the parent and child in question.

Any reason why this is happening?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pqphillips
in reply to: pqphillips

BOOM! Got it!

We are using the Graphical Format on the Component Cross-Reference Display as opposed to Text Format or Table Format. What I guess happens is that if you use the Graphical Format and the insertion point on the child component is in line with any wire connections, Electrical will try to cross reference it as if it were a NC/NO object (like contacts on a relay coil).

The solution to this is quite simple: Move your insertion point to where it is not in line with any wire connections.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost