AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric PLC Module Insertion Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Strodude
392 Views, 1 Reply

Parametric PLC Module Insertion Issue

I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2015 Student Edition on Windows 7 64 Bit.

When attempting to insert a new parametric PLC module onto a drawing, I am getting errors that it can not locate some files.  For example, I am trying to insert a GE 9030 AC Input card (IC693MDL240), using style 1, vertical and, after placing it on the drawing, a dialog entitled "AutoCAD Message" appears which reads "HP1WA-DL not found".  After clicking "OK" (the only choice on the dialog), the dialog goes away and another immediately appears with a similar message but a different file name.  After 4 of these appear and I click them away, the module shows up on the drawing as just a rectangle.

I've tried this with several GE modules with similar results.  Even some AB modules produce this result.

What I find curious is that I am selecting a VERTICAL orientation and these are HORIZONTAL files it says it can't find.  Why is it looking for horizontal files?

If I go into the PLC module editor utility, it seems to be correctly set up for "VP..." files instead of "HP..." files.  I'm stumped on this one. I've uninstalled and reinstalled ACADE twice.

Screen capture attached.

Any help much appreciated!

Darrin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Strodude
in reply to: Strodude

Resolved!

Turns out I was using a drawing from a training project and the project library file default paths were not set for the release version.

Cheers,

Darrin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost