AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric PLC dimensions??

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Tee.Dee
945 Views, 6 Replies

Parametric PLC dimensions??

Is there any way to adjust the width of the outline of a parametric PLC module??  I can't seem to find any reference to the block (if one exists) this part of the module references or the block for the break line at the end of the module.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lionSG
in reply to: Tee.Dee

Hi,

Did you try to change the Module box dimensions in the PLC Database File editor?

Click on module specifications and select Module box dimensions.

You can customise or overwirte the default style box dimension values such as linetype, color properties as well. Remember to select the correct English or Metric dimensions based on the library standards you used.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 7
Tee.Dee
in reply to: lionSG

Thanks,

I did see that but you prompted me to have a closer look, it would work fine if the terminals were all one one side of the module but in this case I have some terminals along the top side and some along the bottom which results in either the top or bottom terminals being located in the centre of the module.  I think i will just have to move the linework manually.

Message 4 of 7
lionSG

I guess you can do it manually for the moment unless someone has a better way.

Can share what kind of PLC module you are using?

Message 5 of 7
Tee.Dee

It is a custom module that I have had to create, it is actualy an AB interface module and not a PLC but the PLC editor is working realy well for these as I have had to make 3 different types with this one being much more complex,  it needs to show the internal wiring and relays which is why I needed to make it wider.  I have managed to resize the outline manualy and have created a couple of extra terminal types.

Message 6 of 7
lionSG

Thanks for sharing.

Good luck in your design.

Message 7 of 7
s.wile

I wrote a little bit about setting up custom styles here...
http://myacade.blogspot.com/2011/01/creating-custom-plc-style-in-autocad_20.html

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost