AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric PLC Child Symbols, TAG_# interference with box dimensions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JCard
523 Views, 1 Reply

Parametric PLC Child Symbols, TAG_# interference with box dimensions

Where can I change the program insertion placement of the "TAG_#" attribute location that is placed at the top of the split (child) block of the parametric plc modules? (image of issue attached)

Note: TAG_# is incremented when each break of the PLC Database defined break location creates the next child block of the plc module defined. 

Example:

Parent PLC Symbol attribute = TAG, (attr value = PLC01)

1st Child PLC Symbol attribute = TAG_1, (attr value = PLC01)

2nd Child PLC Symbol attribute = TAG_2, (attr value = PLC01)

etc.

I have searched & tried different values for the style/module box dimensions dialog, but all I can come up with is that the attribute is placed dynamically by the program as some default (hard coded) offset value. 

Please offer any insight or ideas to a solution.  I don't really want to have to use the MOVE/SHOW Attribute (AEATTSHOW) everytime I split a module.

JCard
Electrical Designer
Logical Systems, LLC
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AcadE2014
in reply to: JCard

Nit sure if you have solved this issue but I had similar issue and needed to edit the block that ACADE was placing in that stop. The block can be seen in the "PLC Database File Editor" under the settings pick box. See if editting that symbol will fix your issue,

Thanks

Dennis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost