AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric PLC block not ok after library resize

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
adam-tca
376 Views, 4 Replies

Parametric PLC block not ok after library resize

Hi,

So in the last couple weeks, I have been working through getting our template to the correct scale/size.  Since some of the default templates are originally for D size, and since I started with those templates, that was my starting point.  So the first thing I did was scale down my D sized template to a B sized template (~1/2 the size)...  So I Modified Synbol Library by a factor of 0.5....  Now I have inserted a PLC card... (1769-OB32), and it just doesn't "look right"...  Meaning the tag and descriptions are inside the block outline, and the terminal descriptions are intersected by the block outline...  it just looks sloppy...  It looks to me as if when the library resize was done, it scaled everything down BUT the outline or something?

I have a screen shot:

12-09-2014 1-27-58 PM.png

Has anyone experienced this during a library resize?  or did I do something incorrectly?  I know I could manually change each of these through the PLC Database fiel editor...  but..  that wouldn't be ideal....

The other things that is happening which is concerning, is that sometimes ona newly inserted sheet, "SOME" symbols insert at the incorrect scale, even thought I have done a library block update/block update/purge...  Once the block at the incorrect scale is inserted, and I do ANOTHER block update it USually scales down..  but this even happens with wire numbers....

To tell you the truth, all this is making me want to go back to the stock D sized scale etc....  Even though all the measurments would be worng...  at least the blocks wouldn't be screwed up... constantly...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Adam

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jalger
in reply to: adam-tca

Hi Adam,

You will need to repositions the Attributes, when its does the scaling it scales from its Origin (0,0).

Most of the blocks (95%+) should be ok but some of them (PLC blocks are the main item here) need to be adjusted.

You will need to fix the postions of the text for around 50 (maybe 100 if you need the Vertical options) Blocks per PLC style.

Look for: (In - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2015\Libs\jic125, replace Jic125 with your library)

HP1-a-dl.dwg ( Start for Style 1)

HP1d-a-l.dwg

HP1-xwc.dwg

HP1-xwo.dwg (End of Style 1)

You have the same thing for each style.

VP1-A-dl.dwg (is the start for the vertical items)

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 5
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: jalger

When a PLC module is generated parametrically from the small set of library symbols, the box outline is drawn based on the information in the PLC database. So scaling the symbols does not affect the box outline. This needs to be changed in the PLC database using the PLC Database editor. I am having some computer problems today so I can't check this but I believe there can be module specifications defined at the module level or it can be per module style. So depending on how they are defined and how many manufacturers you installed there might only be a few places to change or there might be quite a few. 

You may still need to adjust some attribute locations on library symbols as James mentioned, but I think you should adjust this first to see if it resolves your issues.

Hope this helps,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
jalger
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Hi Adam,

Here is what Pat was talking about:

Global PLC Sizing:

PLC_Module_Editing_Global.png

Individual Module Sizing:

PLC_Module_Editing.png

Resizing the outline does help, but you would still need to adjust the attribute Positions.

In Either Case (Global or Individual) you access the tools from: Schematic > Other Tools > Other Tools Dropdown  > PLC Database editor.

I hope this Helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 5 of 5
adam-tca
in reply to: jalger

Thanks Everyone for your suggestions.  I ended up modifying the sizing as Pat and James have pointed out.  I was thinking there might be a global solution, but it isn't that bad just modifying the cards as I need them.

Thanks again,

Adam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost