AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel to Schematic component cross checking/verification

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TRLitsey
315 Views, 2 Replies

Panel to Schematic component cross checking/verification

Hi,

Does anyone have a quick and simple method for cross checking electrical schematics to panel layouts?  I have one large free standing enclosure in my project.  The project also has a multi-page schematic for the enclosure and the machine.  Using the component tags I am linking the panel components to the schematic components, ie Allen-Bradley 1 pole 1 amp breaker with part number ### is designated with the same part specification and tag in the schematic.  Is there a tool or method to quickly check to see that all of the components in the panel are also in the schematic and checking the other way also?  There will be components in the schematic that are not in the panel but ever component in the panel should be in the schematic but I know I will miss one or two components or miss tag them.  Other than multiple Reports and a Highlighter pen, can the software do the cross checking for me?  Thank you.

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TomTom111
in reply to: TRLitsey

The easiest way I know of to check the schematic to panel tagging would be the surfer tool.

Capture.PNG

Whether you are in the schematic or panel drawing, you can right click on a component, and select surfer.

You can also get to the surfer command from the project tab, and the very top of the AutoCAD window.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 3
jalger
in reply to: TRLitsey

Another thing you can try:

For Panels, use Schematic list and use"Mark Existing, then hide existsing) Now you can see all Schematic components that need to be inserted.

Schematic_List_Insert.png

For Schematics, use Panel List , same deal Mark Exisiting, hide exsisting, now you can see all Panel components that have not been inserted.

Panel_List_Insert.png

I hope this helps,

James Alger

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost