AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel layout

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Dan_Margulius
778 Views, 8 Replies

Panel layout

Hello

I woudl like to do a simple thing...Put some enclosures on my drawing and blocks from Icon Menu inside those enclosures. When ever I put the blocks(relays,breakers, plc...) I want them to take the Location or the Tag of the enclosure. 

Now when I build a report From to I get where my Relay is and from where the wire starts and where it ends.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Dan 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Yes sure,with the correct commands ,like use wire command and not line command.

Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Yes I use wire command. I did not meant to get from /to report by using lines...

But Electrical is not allocating automaticly Tag of the enclosure to the block inside of it. 

Thanks

Dan

Message 4 of 9
Nata_ly
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Sorry, but could you please answer a question to make me sure I understand you correctly?
Do you want to make From/To report from layout?
As I know From/To report is a scheme report, not layout. So you could make scheme firstly. And if you want to see wire destination on layout you can use Wire annotation command.
Have I garbled smth?

Message 5 of 9
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: Nata_ly

Hello,

Lets say everything is in the schematic zone. I have Panels just rectangles with a number(see drawing)

Whenever I place something(relay) inside this block I want it to know it is there and then when building report from/to

the relay knows in which BOX he is in and the wire goes form that Relay K1 BOX 2 to something else(terminal) BOX3 in the same drawing...

I hope it is clear

Thanks

Dan 

Message 6 of 9
Nata_ly

I understand now. But maybe all I could advise - use command AECOPYLOC after inserting all components to make location code editing faster and comand AEEDITWIRESEQUENCE to edit wires destination if it's so important.
Maybe only lisp can help to make it automaticaly. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 9
Nata_ly

Please, read the article "Location box" in Help! This command could help you.

"Schematic tab Insert Components panel Location Box drop-down Location Box

A location box is drawn around devices to designate that they are physically in a different location/installation than the other devices in the drawing. The box is a closed polyline and can be a rectangle or some other orthogonal shape.

The Location and installation codes for the parent components within the location box update to match the location box. You can assign a description to the box. The program prompts for updates to related components and panel footprints."

Message 8 of 9
Dan_Margulius

Hello,

It sounds like a solution. I will check

Thank you for the help

dan

Message 9 of 9
Dan_Margulius

Thank you, 

Problem solved

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost