AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 21 of 24 (170 Views)

Re: Panel layout Components

01-11-2013 06:28 AM in reply to: Justin2012

Justin,

To get unique Item numbers you will need to renumber the entire project after setting the item numbering to "Accumulate Project Wide" in the "Item Numbering Setup" Dialog box located in the Components Tab of the Project's Properties.

In the same tab you can set how Multi-Caltog items are numbered by selecting Per-Component Basis instead of Per Part number Basis.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Distinguished Contributor
Justin2012
Message 22 of 24 (168 Views)

01-11-2013 06:35 AM in reply to: testsubject

That is exactly what I did but it is not working  ( Item numbering mode - accumulate project wide;Item Assignments- Per-Component Basis)  . I don't know what I am doing wrong..any guidance, pls

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 23 of 24 (167 Views)

01-11-2013 07:17 AM in reply to: testsubject

Is it possible that you set each of these components'  Item numbers to "Fixed"? This is done in the Edit Component" Dialog Box.

Did you run "Resquence Item Numbers" Located in the Edit Footprints Section of the Panel Tab?

Maybe Run Project Utilities and set all the Item numbers to Normal.

Did you run the resequence on the entire project (Schematics and Panel Drawings)? ACE stores the item numbers in the schematics now.

I am a little stuck after this. I am not sure what to tell you next.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Distinguished Contributor
Justin2012
Message 24 of 24 (109 Views)

05-23-2013 10:05 AM in reply to: testsubject

When using INSERT FOOTPRINT (SCHEMATIC LIST), how can I make it to show only the components with MFG/CAT info?  Currently it is showing verything which I don't want. Let me know...thx

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.